Sunday, October 24, 2010

Day 4 of our excursion in Japan, Shrine and First tea Ceremony


I am so tired after what we did today. It might not have been alot but I still don’t think my body is adjusted to the 13 hour time difference. I get tired at 4 and want to rest. Enough about sleeping, now to what I did today. Well, we arrived to a parking lot this morning, and all our tour guides told us we are going to take the rope way down to a very secluded Shrine. At that point I was a little confused and thought we where going to zip line to the Shrine, well I was wrong. The whole group fitted into a big gondola. We then traversed to this magnificent Shrine that this year is going to be marked as a national treasure. The Shrine’s name is Kunozan Toshogu. After an incredible visit through the Shrine we drove to a building surrounded by a Japanese Garden, to experience a traditional Green Tea Ceremony, where they are very meticulous with the process of drinking tea. How many bows and how many times you sip your tea are very important. I also found out that I am not the biggest fan of green tea but it was an interesting experience.  Jessica

Picture at the tea ceremony

No comments:

Post a Comment