Sunday, March 25, 2012

The World Bird Sanctuary (USA)


Over the past few weeks, I have been fortunate enough to volunteer at the World Bird Sanctuary. This is a truly unique experience and gives me a greater appreciation for those who work with animals every day. As a junior volunteer, my duties involve mostly cleaning and food preparation, as well as interacting with the public. I have learned a great deal about the birds and other animals that call the sanctuary home. I can't wait to go back again. If you live near St. Louis, Missouri I strongly encourage you to give the Sanctuary a visit. By educating the public about birds and other animals and facilitating a breeding program, the World Bird Sanctuary does a world of good for biodiversity.

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting- thanks for posting! Mr. L.

    ReplyDelete