Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Rescued Bird in Panama

Bird Mortality chart with windows at the highest
(From Sibley bird guides website)

Bird I have picked with a glove and rescued after it suffered a hit against the window
in the end it flew away alive.


So many birds die annually because of windows and a collision.
This happens because the bird's natural habitat is reflected into the glass.
To the bird it basically looks like more forest or a tree to land on.
It's sometimes a deadly illusion.
Fortunately sometimes it just stuns the bird and it flies away like the one above.
I have put  CD's up at the windows  in my house to prevent the birds from colliding with them.
I intend to put up more because it seems to be working.
I hope that I am making a small difference in the lives of all birds around my house
and neighbourhood.

Mr. Panamá 

No comments:

Post a Comment