Friday, September 17, 2010

YOUTH LEADER SERIES


Jessica Walsh Moreau
My name is Jessica Walsh Moreau, from Ottawa, Ontario (Canada). I am 15 years old, attending grade 11 at St.Francis Xavier Catholic High School. I am interested in environmental and social issues, including biodiversity. I also play competitive soccer. Ever since I was young I was interested in nature and the outdoors. I would have rather been rolling in the grass than to watch TV. In 2003 I was able to pursue my passion by working with nature even during school hours. For 3 years I worked on Macoun Marsh project, which today I remain involved through Biodiversity Matters. Before going to my present high school was active in an environmental group at St.Marks Catholic High School called SAVE. I went to Sweden in 2005, with a Team representing the Macoun Marsh project where we won second place at the Volvo Adventure Environmental competition. I have had the positive experience of presenting to the Convention on Biological Diversity in 2006. One of my proudest accomplishments, was for three years, I helped plan the Second International Youth Symposium on Biodiversity, as the Youth Board Leader. I plan to continue my work this year by starting an Environmental Club at my high school to support the Youth Accord. I will be attending COP10 in Japan this October where I will be promoting the Youth Accord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment