Tuesday, September 21, 2010

YOUTH LEADER SERIES

Emily Malone
Hi, I’m Emily Malone.  I’m 17 years old and attend Fredericton High School in New Brunswick, Canada.  I have been passionate about the environment from a very young age.  For the past several years, I have been an active leader in the CISV Eco-Group.  For the past few years, this group has been working on restoring the population of the Bur Oak, an indigenous tree, to our area.  Since attending the Second International Youth Symposium on Biodiversity, I have become even more excited about the work we have been doing to promote the conservation biodiversity and other environmental issues.  I’m presently working on getting to Japan to present the Youth Accord on Biodiversity, which I helped to write, while finishing my final year of high school.  I plan to continue to educate and excite people about environmental issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment