Monday, September 27, 2010

ItsOneHumanity (IOH)

Elliott Verreault here from ItsOneHumanity (IOH), a youth-run NGO engaged in global civil advocacy. We are currently working on a Global Visual Petition Project for Climate Justice at UNFCCC in a lead up to COP16, Mexico. Our visual petition is now online at http://www.itsonehumanity.org/ with its manifesto translated in 54 languages:
Manifesto: “ In the name of this one great family to which I belong, Humanity, I demand that world leaders come together at the UNFCCC conferences and successfully achieve, without further delay, an ambitious, fair and legally-binding global climate deal in order to ensure a sustainable future for us all. ”

Our next chance at securing a global climate deal will be COP16, which is to take place in December 2010 in Cancun, Mexico.
This time, ItsOneHumanity aims to send a resounding message to the world leaders who will participate in the negotiations of COP16. 
We want to raise voices of world citizens in order to remind world leaders that we are all in this together... that there is only one planet and only one humanity. We want them to approach the negotiation table thinking not “what I am going to lose in this, how should I protect my national interests?” but rather “how can I cooperate and fulfill my global responsibilities as a nation state?”

No comments:

Post a Comment