Sunday, November 7, 2010

YOUTH LEADER SERIES


My name is Nelson E. Mbunde (19 years), I’m Tanzanian living in Tanzania, a student who is about to start a bachelor of Science in Information Technology on 8th November at IFM.  I am also a volunteer in The Jane Goodall Institute (Tanzania).  While spending my time studying I also spend time doing social activities cause I always feel proud when I happen to make a positive change. With this motive inside me later on I happened to meet a Club called Roots&Shoots- “The Jane Goodall Institute clubs” in my High School, Kibasila, since then I have been doing social activities such cleaning some parts of  my town (Dar es Salaam)eg. Beaches, educating students about the environment, planting trees in our environments, participating in national environmental activities and taking care of the school environment as an example to the way our fellow students and youth should do but we where doing this as a Roots&Shoots club not alone. In the club I started as a normal club member but later I was elected to be a club President due to cooperation and hard working, while I was a president its when I came across biodiversity.org through The Jane Goodall Institute in February 2010, it attracted me a lot then I found my way to become a part of it by supporting movement so we can make a change on biodiversity all together as what its happening now. I believe with connections one can perform higher especially in a matter like this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment